OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  dita  ·  2011-01

dita — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Publishing


Hi Tarun, That is what I expect, and how I have always rendered topichead (or topicref-with-just-navtitle) in PDF. For HTML content, if you use the copy-to attribute on the <topichead> element, a new chunk is generated in the output which contains the content of the heading. I believe some implementations will also create an output chunk with a generated name for that case, but for PDF the location is clearer. Robert D Anderson IBM Authoring Tools Development Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit From: Tarun Garg <[email protected]> To: Robert D Anderson/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS Cc: dita <[email protected]> Date: 01/27/2011 11:00 AM Subject: RE: [dita] Publishing <topichead> Hi Robert, I am sorry if I am getting repetitive but is it only for TOC or for the actual content as well. From the spec - "In print contexts it should also appear as a heading in the rendered content." It seems for PDF/Print the same applies to the actual content (i.e. non-TOC) as well. So it becomes something like this: TOC 1. Systems 2. Computers 2.1 ENIAC 2.2 System/360 2.3 PDP-8 3. Books 3.1 Hard back books 3.2 Paperback books ............ ...now the book content begins Chapter 1. Systems ......content of chapter 1 Chapter 2. Computers 2.1 ENIAC ......content of section 2.1 2.2 System/360 ......content of section 2.2 2.3 PDP-8 ......content of section 2.3 Chapter 3. Books 3.1 Hard back books ......content of section 3.1 3.2 Paperback books ......content of section 3.2 Regards, Tarun Garg

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]