OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  dita  ·  2021-12

dita — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Proposal that we remove the "has" elements from DITA 2.0


I propose that we remove the following elements from DITA 2.0: hasInstance hasKind hasNarrower hasPart hasRelated relatedSubjects Reasons for removing them: We are not clear on the distinction between <hasRelated> and <relatedSubjects>. I don't think these elements are much used, and they clutter up subjectScheme maps. I've constrained them out of every subjectScheme shell that I've created. We do not have an expert on the TC to maintain these elements. If anyone needs them, they could easily create a domain specialization and integrate it into their document-type shell for subjectScheme. They could be added to the GitHub repo for specializations removed from the DITA standard. -- Best, Kris

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]