OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  dita  ·  2022-02

dita — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

HTML object element


I brought this up on the DITA-OT call today. Responses from Radu Coravu and Jarno Elovirta were that many folks use <object> to produce iframes, for which the new <audio> and <video> elements would not suffice. Do we (shudder) want to consider redesigning the content model of <object>? Best, Kris On 2/2/2022 10:13 AM, Kristen James Eberlein wrote: I had an action item from yesterday's TC to send an e-mail to dita-users (and maybe dita-comment), stating that we were considering removing <object> from DITA 2.0. However, after looking online, I'm not seeing evidence that the element has been deprecated. A lot of the attributes, yes. And <applet> and <embed> have been deprecated, but <object> is stated as the replacement. See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/object What do we want to do here?

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]