OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  dita  ·  2022-10

dita — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 27 September 2022 uploaded


Submitter's message ActionItems: 1. Kris will reach out to Eliot about his proposals and other action items. 2. Nancy will look at drafting topics for the accessibility section of the spec; if she feels she can volunteer, will do so next week. 3. Bill, Stan, and Nancy volunteered to look at 'troublesome' topics from App C review. ================================================= Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC Tuesday, 127 September 2022 Recorded by Hancy Harrison link to agenda for this meeting: https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas Attendance: =========== Robert Anderson, Bill Burns, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Zoe Lawson, Eric Sirois, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann, Todd Thorne, Jim Tivy Business ======== 1. Roll call Regrets: Eliot Kimber 2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 13 September 2022 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00035.html (Harrison, 26 September 2022) Kris moved, 2nd Eric, approved by TC 3. Announcements We've lost Carsten Brennecke as a voting member :( 4. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DeadlinesDITA2.0 [updates only; see link above for complete list] Stage three (Anderson) New impose-role attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/670) - Kris; is there an update for this one? - Robert; I'll try again for end of this week [Friday]. ***ActionItem: Kris will reach out to Eliot about his proposals and other ActionItems 5. Action items and volunteer tasks [updates only; see agenda for complete list] Dawn and Comtech: Develop draft of changes from DITA 1.3 to DITA 2.0 - Kris; any progress on this? - Dawn; not yet, I'm getting back to it now. Keith: Draft topics for accessibility section: Example: alternate text for an imagemap Example: [accessible] simple topic - Kris; since Keith is no longer able to work on these, are there any other volunteers? - Stan; I'll take a look. ***ActionItem: Nancy will look at it; if she feels she can volunteer, will do so next week 6. (Continued) Discussion of referred comments from the configuration review https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00020.html (Eberlein, 12 September 2022) - Kris; this is a question on foreign content; I doesn't see ambiguity but what about you, Robert? - Robert; I'm not sure what's needed for someone new to it. [discussion seemed to reflect sense of already existing text; no changes will be made] [configuration review now closed] 7. DITA 2.0 spec review: Coding practices (06-19 September 2022) Opening of review: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00015.html (Eberlein, 06 September 2022) Participation as of 11 September 2022 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00019.html (Eberlein, 12 September 2022) Final status of review https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00030.html (Eberlein, 20 September 2022) - Kris; this review is completed; all comments have been addressed; see PDF review report for details 8. DITA 2.0 spec review: Introduction (19-26 September 2022) Opening of review: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00028.html (Eberlein, 19 September 2022) Status: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00037.html Open comment: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00038.html (Eberlein, 27 September 2022) - Kris; first comment [about depending on RNG to capture metadata]; since this is no longer true, should we continue with first item? - Nancy; does it cost us to keep the current metadata? - Kris; not so much; do we maintain and update the metadata in the RNG files to allow for the possibility? - Robert; that should go in public review; it's just not very important; better to have none of it than be inconsistent, but it's work to take it out. - Kris; let's remove it now and consider adding it bak in later - Robert; but let's not commented it out; just remove and restore later, if we want to. Otherwise it's commented-out broken stuff. - Kris; shall we just reword content in the topic, so we're not mentioning having it in the RNG files? - Nancy; if we take it out, we should take out the mention as well - Scott; the desire [for Eliot and me] to manintain it is there, but not the time. - Kris; we'll update it so that it's valid technically, but we'll track it as a deferred comment, and we'll remove it from grammar files and remove text that implies it does; will go back if there's ever time to maintain tools 9. Continued: Appendix C content https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202208/msg00029.html (Eberlein, 16 August 2022) Prototype of revised content: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202208/msg00045.html NEW Troublesome topics https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00039.html (Eberlein, 27 September 2022) - Kris; for 1.2 they were in a non-normative app. for 1.3 in App C. Dawn suggested we read these topics. volunteers? - Bill, Stan, Nancy volunteered, plus Kris and Robert. - Kris; please read and post comments this week, so we can discuss next week. my recollection is that gen'l one is least critical and easiest to jettison; 3.2 and 3.3 not so much; might need to go into other places or a tutorial (3.3) 10. Generalization https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00002.html (Joseph, 04 September 2022) https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202209/msg00008.html (Eberlein, 06 September 2022) - Kris; this has been hanging around for awhile. most of us aren't comfortable with generalization content in 1.3 spec; a lot of it was telling processors how to do generalization. We don't want to do that in the spec - i.e. lay out algorithmic details - that's for processors to do. What shall we do with these? Gershon annotated the PDF, then I put together a table that summariszed his comments. - Kris; we can't go forwad with spec review till we go forward with this. - Bill; I will take a look. - Nancy; I hesitate to do it without Gershon, since it was his comments. - Robert; how many people on call think they are familiar enough with generalization to do this? We could read the topics... - Dawn; don't know enough - Kris; I know a bit - Stan; a decent conceptual picture; high likelihood it's wrong - Nancy; same as stan - Eric; I've used it and understand it pretty well. - Kris; how have you used it? - Eric; we used it going from a custon DTD that client no longer wanted to use, back to an OASIS version. so if root was based on concept, we'd stop at concept. - Robert; I know what it is and how it's done; I've written a couple. - Kris; does DITA-OT have any built-ins that enable generalization? - Robert; a few scripts; quite trivial; dumps eerything back to base topic or map. - Scott; I understand it, but I've never found a need for it. I've certainly used constraints, but not generalization. - Todd; I grasp the concept, but have no clear understanding. - Frank; the first time I heard of it was in context of TC; so, a vague understanding, but... - Zoe; I know nothing about it. - Jim; I'm familiar with specialization but not generalization. What is it? - Robert; it's the undo button for specialization. - Jim; I'm aware of it, but - Kris; does anyone else who does specialization consider how to generalize them back, to validate the legality of your specialization? I do it because something can be valid DTD / XML/ etc., but not valid DITA. People come with a design and as can you do it for us? and I have to say, it's not valid DITA. e.g. a design of a specialized topic that doesn't have a body element. For me, generalization is theoretical, but useful for designing specializations. - Jim; it's an interesting test. - Robert; I understood something a bit different, as a way to test whether I added extra, or took out essential elements. Basically, it's validating against OOTB DITA. - Kris; I've done it both programmatically and manually, just as a check on the design. - Kris; any other volunteers to take a look at these topics? Maybe including my email on where it's mentioned. 11. Schedule for upcoming DITA 2.0 spec reviews: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202208/msg00012.html (Eberlein, 08 August 2022) - Kris; we're ready to open up most of Appendix content; we want to remove 1.3->2.0 migration content. We're ready to do review of for all remaining appendix content, migrating, and 3 trouble topicsa above. So that covers file naming conventions, element by element translation, formatting expectations, 4 topics about OASIS grammar files. - Scott; I should be able to review this week. - Stan; if we could go to Tues., I could do it. - Kris; we'll make this a 2-week review, to give people time to look at 3 topics and/or generalization. So I'll try to have it up for review end of today or beginning of tomorrow. 12 noon ET close -- Ms. Nancy Harrison Document Name : DITA TC Meeting Minutes 27 September 2022 No description provided. Download Latest Revision Public Download Link Submitter : Ms. Nancy Harrison Group : OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC Folder : Meeting Notes Date submitted : 2022-10-03 12:24:51

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]