[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Looking for "complex" cmdsynopsis example (for docbook-xsl)
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:35:45PM +0100, W. Borgert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using DocBook (both XML and SGML) to generate manual pages.
> Most time I use docbook-xsl to generate nroff. Now I have some
> "complex" thing. What I want to achieve is this:
>
> shoecommand --pairofshoes <leftone> <rightone> [<buttons> ...]
> shoecommand --pairofboots <right> <left> [<laces> ...]
>
> OK, the example is stupid. I have two ways to call the command.
> With either option I have to required arguments and any number
> of optional arguments, that can be repeated. How do I have to
> do this in DocBook? And does docbook-xsl's nroff output provide
> an output, where the user can see the difference between required
> and optional arguments, and which arguments can be repeated?
Take a look at the cmdsynopsis element:
http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/cmdsynopsis.html
It lets you mark up arguments, groups, options, etc.
The manpage stylesheet seems to handle cmdsynopsis,
but I'm not sure to what degree.
--
Bob Stayton 400 Encinal Street
Publications Architect Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Technical Publications voice: (831) 427-7796
The SCO Group fax: (831) 429-1887
email: bobs@sco.com
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]