[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Entities again!
Hi,
On the advice of a few list members on a WIN32 XSL proceesing system
that can handle entities and catalogs, I have installed Cygwin with
xsltproc. I *still* can't get the following external parameter entity
reference to work:
I am using DocBook XML V4.2, DocBook XSL V1.61.3.
test-resolve.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY % CommonEntities SYSTEM "../common/entities-test.xml">
%CommonEntities;
]>
<book lang="en"><title>Test Entity Resolution</title>
<bookinfo>
&chris;
</bookinfo>
<chapter id="bgt-data">
<title>Data Entry</title>
<sect1 id="bgt-data-cost">
<title>Cost Centres</title>
<para>The Cost Centres data entry page allows some users to
maintain
(add, delete and edit) information relating to cost centres.
Other users
(most users) will have read-only access to cost centre
information.</para>
</sect1>
</chapter>
</book>
entities-test.xml:
<!-- Chunks of text -->
<!-- <!entity titlestandard SYSTEM "titlestandard.xml"> -->
<!-- People (authors and othercredits) -->
<!entity chris
"<author><firstname>Chris</firstname><surname>Johnson</surname></author>">
In Cygwin, I get the following errors:
K:///DATA/RESTRICT/FAMIS/help/xml/common/entities-test.xml:4: error:
xmlParseInt
ernalSubset: error detected in Markup declaration
<!entity chris
"<author><firstname>Chris</firstname><surname>Johnson</surname></^
K:///DATA/RESTRICT/FAMIS/help/xml/common/entities-test.xml:4: error:
DOCTYPE improperly terminated
<!entity chris
"<author><firstname>Chris</firstname><surname>Johnson</surname></^
K:///DATA/RESTRICT/FAMIS/help/xml/common/entities-test.xml:4: error:
Start tag expected, '<' not found
<!entity chris
"<author><firstname>Chris</firstname><surname>Johnson</surname></ ^
unable to parse
K:///DATA/RESTRICT/FAMIS/help/xml/main/test-resolve.xml
Any thoughts on this most appreciated.
Cheers,
Chris Johnson
Web Developer
Capilano College
604.986.1911 ext. 3455
cjohnson@capcollege.bc.ca
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]