[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] TOC sidebar, not "floating"
Tristan Fiedler wrote:
> I would like the rest of the DocBook "article" (my root element) to
> "float" around this TOC sidebar. Since the TOC sidebar only takes 50%
> of the vertical height of the screen, and I have set float: left, I
> thought the other sections of the article would "fill in" below the TOC
> as the reader scrolls.
I couldn't provide you with citation of CSS specification but combining
position: fixed and float: left seems to me as something that
fundamentally couldn't work. It will mean that text of document should
be reflowed after each scroll. This is technically wrong and usability
of such layout is also not very high IMHO. If you want to use floating
menu, then do not use position: fixed.
Jirka
--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz http://www.kosek.cz
------------------------------------------------------------------
Profesionální školení a poradenství v oblasti technologií XML.
Podívejte se na náš nově spuštěný web http://DocBook.cz
Podrobný přehled školení http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/
------------------------------------------------------------------
S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]