[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] mulitple rootids
Jirka,
I didn't know there was a working status attribute like this - I'll give it a try.
Ultimately, I want to use this capability with fo stylesheets to make excerpt pdfs. The page numbering is a concern since I want the abbreviated document to retain the page numbering of a complete document. IE: If chapter 2 starts on page 20 and ends on page 30, then make chapter 1 invisible and re-translate, I'd like chapter 2 to still show page numbers between 20 and 30. Any guidance appreciated.
Thanks.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jirka Kosek [mailto:jirka@kosek.cz]
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 9:49 AM
To: Day, Troy L
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] mulitple rootids
Day, Troy L wrote:
> Has anyone tried a customization to process multiple rootids? I would
> like to make an application layer to allow users to choose multiple
> chapters (sections, etc...), assign each id in a comma separated string
> to rootid.
This doesn't make much sense. If you need this functionality just assign
visibility/invisibility status to each chapter using some general
attribute like condition, and then use profiling to filter out unwanted
chapters.
Jirka
--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz http://www.kosek.cz
------------------------------------------------------------------
Profesionální školení a poradenství v oblasti technologií XML.
Podívejte se na náš nově spuštěný web http://DocBook.cz
Podrobný přehled školení http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nejbližší termíny školení:
** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schémata 13.-15.11.2006 **
** DocBook 11.-13.12.2006 ** XSL-FO 11.-12.12.2006 **
------------------------------------------------------------------
http://xmlguru.cz Blog mostly about XML for English readers
------------------------------------------------------------------
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]