[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Extending XSL stylesheets to match extended DTD
Bob Stayton wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something myself, but I'm not clear on how DocBook
> is helping you much here. I see very little usage of DocBook
> elements in your documents. I understand that you might want to use
> the DocBook stylesheets because they are pretty versatile, but you
> may have more customization to do than if you just wrote XSL
> templates from scratch for your purposes. You could always borrow
> some DocBook templates for the lower level elements like para and
> such.
It is also possible to convert documents in Cameron's schema into
DocBook (by creating simple XSLT). Resulting DocBook document can be
further processed by DocBook stylesheets. I successfully used this
approach in several projects.
Jirka
--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz http://www.kosek.cz
------------------------------------------------------------------
Profesionální školení a poradenství v oblasti technologií XML.
Podívejte se na náš nově spuštěný web http://DocBook.cz
Podrobný přehled školení http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nejbližší termíny školení:
** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schémata 13.-15.11.2006 **
** DocBook 11.-13.12.2006 ** XSL-FO 11.-12.12.2006 **
------------------------------------------------------------------
http://xmlguru.cz Blog mostly about XML for English readers
------------------------------------------------------------------
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]