[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook to wordml conversion questions
Hi Fabi�n, thanks for your tip. You are right about the validity, but unfortunately adding title element doesn't solve the orderedlist and itemizedlist issues I'm having with the translation. The original document I have has a title and info, but the document itself it was too large for debugging purposes so I've cut it down to the most minimal form that reproduced the problem I have. I've now added title element to the sample document I have (which is below) to make it valid, however as I mentioned above it doesn't solve the issues with itemized and ordered lists during wordml trasnaltion.Just as a note, the problem I have with the lists only occurs with the wordml translation, not with any other translations. Thanks, mayo On 4-Jan-08, at 16:14 , Fabi�n Mandelbaum wrote: > Not any experience with WordML at all, but for starters, your test > document is not valid DocBook (at least not valid DB V5), specifically > para cannot be the 1st child of article, at least as I understand from > reading http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/article.html (title or > info are the 1st mandatory possible children of article). > > You should fix your test document before further testing, for > example like this: > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> > <article> > <title>A Simple Test Article</title> > <para>testing</para> > <!-- REST_OF_YOUR_TEST_DOCUMENT_GOES_HERE --> > </article> > > Try to use a validation tool or a validating XML editor, in order to > be sure you process valid DocBook documents. > > Good luck! > > On Jan 4, 2008 6:33 PM, Mayo Jordanov <lists@oyam.ca> wrote: >> Hello, >> >> I'm having some issues with docbook to wordml conversion, and was >> wondering if anyone on this list would be able to help me out. >> >> The document gets converted with no errors, but there are some big >> problems with ordered and itemized lists. >> >> 1)the text in the lists does not show up. It is in the generated >> wordml document, however there are some elements missing around it >> (<w:r><w:t> specifically, as if the <para> inside of <listitem> >> wasn't >> getting parsed by the xsl sheet). >> 2) the current docbook-xsl release (1.73.2) itemized lists don't have >> bullets, but ordered lists have numbers, and with the docbook-xsl >> snapshot bulleted lists have bullets, but ordered lists don't have >> numbers. >> >> The document I'm trying to convert is as simple as: >> >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> >> <article> >> <para>testing</para> >> >> <itemizedlist> >> <listitem><para>bullet one</para></listitem> >> <listitem><para>bullet two</para></listitem> >> </itemizedlist> >> >> <orderedlist> >> <listitem><para>number one</para></listitem> >> <listitem><para>number two</para></listitem> >> </orderedlist> >> </article> >> >> To solve 1) I've tried with both <para> and without <para> inside of >> <listitem> elements, but that doesn't help, and according to the >> comments in the xsl stylesheet it expects <para> (as it should). The >> only solution I found was to modify the roundtrip/docbook.xsl sheet >> and insert <w:r><w:t> around the contents of the <listitem> element >> definitely helps to solve this problem. (I'm fairly fluent in xsl, >> but >> don't have much experience with debugging xsl files, so putting it >> there manually rather than trying to track why the <para> inside of >> <listitem> is getting ignored was easier for me.) According to the >> wordml 2003 spec (http://rep.oio.dk/Microsoft.com/officeschemas/welcome.htm >> ) the <w:r><w:t> is required. >> >> My second issue seems to be related to the worldml template document, >> and I haven't been able to figure out what exactly changed in it and >> why it suddenly shows bullets but numbers are gone. >> >> I was also wondering if anyone is actively maintaining the docbook to >> wordml xsl sheet (roundtrip/docbook.xsl) or if they are just >> occasionally updated. Or are they intended just as an example and >> should be developed further by users? >> >> Thank you, >> Mayo >> >> >> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------- >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: docbook-apps-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org >> For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-apps-help@lists.oasis-open.org >> >> > > > > -- > Fabi�n Mandelbaum > IS Engineer > > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > To unsubscribe, e-mail: docbook-apps-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org > For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-apps-help@lists.oasis- > open.org >
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]