OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-apps message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] InDesign typography advantage [Was: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook and InDesign]


Hi Tim,
I agree with you that the quality of a page typesetted with LateX is
_very_ high, but I think it would be _very_ difficult to introduce a
LateX typesetting phase in a production worflow of a traditional
publishing house. In other environment this could definitely be a good
solution.

regards,

__peppo

PS: I don't want to start a flame on typesetting engines!!!

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Tim Arnold <Tim.Arnold@sas.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Just curiousity here, but what about going instead to LaTeX from DocBook instead of InDesign?
>
> I can't imagine someone needing higher typographic quality than that. Wouldn't that bypass the problem of fo, indesign, antennahouse et al.? �In my experience the DBLaTeX workflow is very high quality, no matter the technical content of the document.
>
> --Tim
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Ivan Ristic [mailto:ivan.ristic@gmail.com]
>> Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:26 AM
>> To: Giuseppe Bonelli
>> Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
>> Subject: [docbook-apps] InDesign typography advantage [Was: Re: [docbook-
>> apps] DocBook and InDesign]
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Giuseppe Bonelli
>> <peppo.bonelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > ...
>> >
>>
>> Hi Giuseppe,
>>
>>
>> > I will definitely have to do some work on this as I have some clients
>> > who are not confortable with the typographycal quality you can
>> > actually get with FO, even using the AntennaHouse formatter, and
>> > therefore need a path going from DB to InDesign.
>>
>> Out of interest, what typographic features do your clients seek in
>> InDesign that are not in FOP? To clarify, I am not asking how InDesign
>> is better :)
>>
>> Also, in what ways is Antenna House's processor better than others (e.g.,
>> FOP)?
>>
>> --
>> Ivan Ristic
>> ModSecurity Handbook [http://www.modsecurityhandbook.com]
>> SSL Labs [https://www.ssllabs.com/ssldb/]
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: docbook-apps-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-apps-help@lists.oasis-open.org
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: docbook-apps-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-apps-help@lists.oasis-open.org
>
>


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]