[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] gentext.template eats 1/3 of CPU
Sam Fischmann wrote:
> Curiously enough, I don't seem to be getting a predictable speed boost
> on my tests. I have a huge build that runs every night, so I'll have
> better number for comparison tomorrow. I'm anxious to see what comes
> out.
It might also depend on XSLT processor you are using.
I have commited another set of patches right now. With Saxon 6.5.5/9.2
on 450K source file speedup is ~30% (from almost 15 seconds to little
less then 10 seconds).
If you are using different XSLT processor I would be interested in
seeing your figures.
New build should appear shortly at
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/
Please give it a try. If similar speedup will appear in other
implementations I will call this quite small patch a big DocBook
contribution to a "green IT" buzzword ;-)
Jirka
--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz http://xmlguru.cz
------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional XML consulting and training services
DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
------------------------------------------------------------------
OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member
------------------------------------------------------------------
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]