[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Python to PDF via XSL-FO
As much as I love XSLT (half-kidding here), I have several
applications to generate PDFs from databases, and from other
sources that XSLT can't reach directly.
Since I discovered SQLAlchemy (http://www.sqlalchemy.org), life
is much nicer: In Python, I can pull data from SQL databases
without getting any actual SQL on my paws.
These applications use Python and its wonderful lxml module to
produce XSL-FO files, which I can then run through XEP or FOP.
I've built a little Python module to assist in the generation of
XSL-FO:
http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/projects/fohelpers
If anyone finds this module useful, or if you have feedback on its
usefulness, I would be delighted to hear from you.
Are there other mailing lists that might reach potential users?
Best regards,
John Shipman (john@nmt.edu), Applications Specialist, NM Tech Computer Center,
Speare 146, Socorro, NM 87801, (575) 835-5735, http://www.nmt.edu/~john
``Let's go outside and commiserate with nature.'' --Dave Farber
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]