[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] WYSIWYG Editor for docbook
Hi Paul,
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 23:05:41 +0100
Paul Taylor <paul_t100@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> In a previous project I used docbook 4 to create help text for an
> application which I then used it to generate html and Javahelp. The
> generation worked very well but I found it very difficult writing the
> help text embedded within the docbook tags, it wasn't until the final
> output was generated that I could see my typos and generally bad
> english.
Which editor did you use?
Some of your troubles can be cured by activating syntax highlighting. :)
> So considering using docbook v5 for a new project but is there a
> WYSIWYG editor/plugin available, i.e create help text in word/open
> office type program but am able to save it in docbook format ?
Oxygen XML was already mentioned.
Do you know Serna? It is also an XML editor and has both a normal text
mode and a WYSIWYG mode:
http://www.syntext.com/products/serna-free/
Actually, it's licensed under GPL.
--
Gruß/Regards,
Thomas Schraitle
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]