[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: semantics of "replaceable" element.
Hello,
I'm writing an API documentation for "generic" C code, where certain
tokens in a given (function) name are to be substituted to map the name
to a real function name. For example, I'm using
<function>compute_<replaceable>t</replaceable></function> to stand for a
set of functions "compute_f", "compute_d", "compute_i", etc.
It even happens that certain names contain multiple such replaceable
"parameters".
However, the stylesheets at present inject commas, which makes it
impossible to have "replaceable" tags in the middle of a name. I'm
reading http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/replaceable.html but it doesn't
suggest anything that would justify such a comma injection.
What is the use-case for this ? Am I using "replaceable" wrongly ? (I
can of course customize the template matching d:function/d:replaceable,
but it still seems I'm missing something.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Stefan
--
...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]