[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: [docbook] Java binding (JAXB) for docbook.rng and docbook.xsd (Are "role" and "type" duplicated in the 5.0 XML schema?)
I don't really know if omitting those elements is safe (until 1 week ago I
knew nothing about xml).
Moreover, since there are a lot of errors of that kind I suspect it won't be
a quick fix...
On the other hand, the relax NG version, docbook.rng, PASSED the "parse
stage" of xjc:
parsing a schema...
compiling a schema...
But, I got lots of errors of the type:
[ERROR] Invalid class name "db.bridgehead.renderas.enumeration".
Either XJC has failed to derive a class name from XML name, or invalid name
is given.
Use <jaxb:class> customization to override a name.
These errors show up if and only if the string "enumeration" appears in the
name.
I tried to replace "enumeration" with "jenumeration" but that did not solve
the problem.
I am quite puzzled by this, even more so that the reserved keyword "class"
did not trigger an error
(e.g., <define name="db.biblio.class.attribute"> was ok).
-----Original Message-----
From: Wolfgang Laun [mailto:wolfgang.laun@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:23 PM
To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook] Are "role" and "type" duplicated in the 5.0 XML schema?
docbook.xsd contains:
<xs:attributeGroup name="db.common.linking.attributes">...
<xs:attribute ref="xlink:type"/>
<xs:attribute ref="xlink:role"/>
and several docbook element definitions contain
<xs:element name="...">
<xs:complexType mixed="true">
...
<xs:attribute name="role"/> <!-- or name="type" -->
<xs:attributeGroup ref="docbook:db.common.linking.attributes"/>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
which, although unusual, is technically correct since one attribute is
in namespace "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" and the other one in
"http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink".
But it is apparent from the docbook spec that this is unintentional
and therefore I think that the redundant <xs:attribute> elements
should be omitted. Is this correct?
-W
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: docbook-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-help@lists.oasis-open.org
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]