[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook] RE: quote inside code. WAS emphasis inside command is illegal?
> Or failing that, is there a tool to query the schema for legal child elements given
> a parent?
I don't know of such a query tool, but you can use an RNG schema-aware XML editor to
see what child elements are available for a given parent. I just open a DocBook 5.0
document with Oxygen, configured to associate the DocBook namespace with the DocBook
5.0 RNG schema. When inside an element, when I type "<" it prompts me for a child
element, listing only those that are valid in that context. Other XML editors have a
similar feature.
I'll add an item to the next DocBook Technical Committee agenda to discuss maintaining
accessible reference documentation for each version.
Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Arnold" <Tim.Arnold@sas.com>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:29 AM
Subject: RE: [docbook] RE: quote inside code. WAS emphasis inside command is illegal?
Missed that before, I see that in the preface now, thanks.
I should have used the docs that came with the distribution. Now that I look there
though I don't see the reference.
Where can I find the frozen doc that matches the distribution for 5.0?
Or failing that, is there a tool to query the schema for legal child elements given a
parent?
something like this:
somefunc('varname','inlineequation')# returns False
somefunc('varname','inlinemediaobject')# returns True
thanks,
--Tim
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Keith Fahlgren [mailto:abdelazer@gmail.com]
> Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 4:24 PM
> To: Tim Arnold
> Cc: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
> Subject: Re: [docbook] RE: quote inside code. WAS emphasis inside command
> is illegal?
>
> Just to be clear, it's not as if the online TDG isn't clear on this:
>
> """If you're using DocBook V5.0, you will find some things in this online
> text which are new or different from the OASIS Standard release."""
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/ch00-online.html
>
> ...it's just that that's not what I assumed would be true given the title
> & URL, etc.
>
>
> Keith
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: docbook-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-help@lists.oasis-open.org
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]