[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook] Where can I find this package?
"Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogategod@gmail.com> was heard to say:
Hello,
I'm trying to build git from source and one of the hang-ups that
I'm experiencing is this. I've run the following commands (which I
found in INSTALL) and the error that I got is shown below the
commands:
Commands:
$ make prefix=/usr all doc info ;
$ make prefix=/usr install install-doc install-html install-info ;
Error:
# install RelNotes/1.7.9.txt /usr/share/doc/git-doc/RelNotes/1.7.9.txt
# install RelNotes/1.8.0.txt /usr/share/doc/git-doc/RelNotes/1.8.0.txt
# install docbook-xsl.css /usr/share/doc/git-doc/docbook-xsl.css
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git/Documentation'
make -C Documentation install-info
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git/Documentation'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git'
make[2]: `GIT-VERSION-FILE' is up to date.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git'
DB2TEXI user-manual.texi
/bin/sh: line 1: docbook2x-texi: command not found
make[1]: *** [user-manual.texi] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git/Documentation'
make: *** [install-info] Error 2
I'm doing this in Cygwin. What's the docbook2x-texi command and how
can I get it?
I downloaded this source (http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook2x/
===> ./configure && make && make install) and got this error instead:
XMLTO gitnamespaces.7
ASCIIDOC gitrevisions.xml
XMLTO gitrevisions.7
ASCIIDOC gitworkflows.xml
XMLTO gitworkflows.7
ASCIIDOC gitcredentials.xml
XMLTO gitcredentials.7
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git/Documentation'
make -C Documentation info
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git/Documentation'
GEN doc.dep
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git'
make[2]: `GIT-VERSION-FILE' is up to date.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git/Documentation'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git/Documentation'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git'
make[2]: `GIT-VERSION-FILE' is up to date.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git'
DB2TEXI user-manual.texi
/bin/sh: line 1: docbook2x-texi: command not found
make[1]: *** [user-manual.texi] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ashvets/git-learning/git/Documentation'
make: *** [info] Error 2
Now I'm just confused...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: docbook-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-help@lists.oasis-open.org
Just a guess: I'm wondering if "docbook2x-texi" is some Linuxism that the git sources rely upon. The docbook2x documentation calls the program which creates texinfo output "docbook2texi". You might get away with creating a symlink called /usr/local/bin/docbook2x-texi pointing to that script (which presumably is installed after you built and installed the docbook2x tarball).
regards, Markus -- Markus Hoenicka http://www.mhoenicka.de AQ score 38
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]