[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [dss-x] Groups - Using Assertion for DSS/X InterOP (DSS Assertion.pdf)uploaded
Dear Andreas,
Thank you very much for your document. Indeed it is very interesting....
I am afraid that I will not be able to make next Monday's call (I will
be -if the ashes cloud allows it- in an ESI meeting in London)....
There is one thing that I wanted to comment though....maybe I am wrong
but I would say that the assertions would be extremelly useful within
the context of conformance checking, i.e., to check that a certain
application is conformant to the specification. My view is that in an
interoperability event, apart from the fact that applications should be
aligned with the specification, the test cases should define what
optional elements are present in one test case, and what values for the
relevant elements and attributes both mandatory and optional present. I
would say then that both are complementary, the assertions could list
the things that one tool should check in the request or response, while
the interoperability test case would define what elements should be
present in the request, and what relevant elements.....
In my message of 19/1/2010 I made an initial proposal for scoping the
interoperability test cases on the core, where I identified a number of
opitional elements and optional inputs that I see that should be tested....
I was thinking in specifyint test cases by enumerating the elements and
optional inputs so that each one would allow to test interoperability of
certain aspects:
<SignRequest>
<InputDocument><Base64XML/></InputDocument>
<OptionalInput>
<ClaimedIdentity>
</OptionalInput>
</SignRequest>
It is a pity that I can not make next Monday, because we could talk
about that, anyway we may go on by email.
We may go on by email..:
Regards
Juan Carlos.
kuehne@trustable.de escribió:
> Proposal how to use assertions in DSS/X to link specification documents and
> test cases
>
> -- Andreas Kuehne*
>
> The document named Using Assertion for DSS/X InterOP (DSS Assertion.pdf)
> has been submitted by Andreas Kuehne* to the OASIS Digital Signature
> Services eXtended (DSS-X) TC document repository.
>
> Document Description:
>
>
> View Document Details:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=37580
>
> Download Document:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37580/DSS%20Assertion.pdf
>
>
> PLEASE NOTE: If the above links do not work for you, your email application
> may be breaking the link into two pieces. You may be able to copy and paste
> the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
>
> -OASIS Open Administration
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]