OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  ebxml-msg  ·  2002-01

ebxml-msg — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Re: [ebxml-msg] Messaging Spec v1.092


Arvola Chan wrote: > Regarding Rich's comment that a service may want to sign everything it > generates, an Acknowledgment message can always be signed. The issue is > whether the Acknowledgment element needs to include ds:Reference elements > that contain digests for the MIME parts of the original message. I don't > think it is reasonable to mandate that the receiver MUST calculate the > digests if they were not included in the original message in the first > place. I agree; I wasn't saying the server MUST do that, but for its own protection it should be ALLOWED to do that. -- Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Dig-sig, Encryption http://www.zolera.com

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]