OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  ebxml-msg  ·  2002-01

ebxml-msg — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

RE: [ebxml-msg] Messaging Spec v1.092


 MHonArc v2.5.2 -->
















ebxml-msg message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]


Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Messaging Spec v1.092


David
 
I'm neutral on whether we call the spec version 1.1 or 2.0 - I also agree that it is a much better spec than 1.0. You also said ...
 
"Our original charter was to create a set of "orthogonal ebXML specifications" which we have failed to do (we have tightly coupled Messaging with CPPA)"
You know I agree with this view and for version 2.0 (or will it be 3.0) I think we should aim to make the specs orthogonal. Consider for example the article at http://www.internetweek.com/story/INW20020104S0003 which says that ...
"For the time being, the exchange [Covisint] will use only the messaging services element of ebXML, Cripps said. Adoption of other elements, such as collaborative protocol profiles and agreements, will be added as customer demands grow and standards mature, he said. "
Regards
 
David
 


[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]