OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  ebxml-msg  ·  2002-01

ebxml-msg — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

RE: [ebxml-msg] Messaging Spec v1.092


Dale you said ... >>>DM>I think you would have to have a coherent basis for deciding what was to be in the header and what what just configuration no matter whether there was a CPA or not. You simply forget that before we had even introduced CPA, Drummond and many others were strongly arguing that David Burdett's list of headers was severely bloated, or, with reversed bias, comprehensive. The CPA stuff emerged as a _solution_ to this problem. Those who forget history...<<< What I think we have really done is exchange one form or complexity, "Putting the information in the header" for another "Putting the information in a separate agreement which must be pre-negotiatied". If a problem is complex, and reliable messaging and security are complex, then the solution is necessarily complex. Shuffling the data from the header to the CPA has not made the problem go away. David PS I am not anti-CPA, I just want them to be used in the right way.

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]