OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  ebxml-msg  ·  2002-01

ebxml-msg — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Re: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: v. 2.0 ebXML xsd schema directory


I am attaching some additional communications I have had with the xmlsupport group within TIBCO Extensibility. I concur with Chris that the official version of msg-header-2_0.xsd should not have the xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace declaration, and that comments be included within the above file as well as the spec itself that some parsers may require modifying the schema with an explicit declaration of the above namespace. A number of other points I like to raise: 1. The xml_lang.xsd that we use is not quite correct (see the attached message from Anli Shundi). Instead, we should use the version from http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd We can either replace the contents of http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/xml-lang.xsd with the contents of the above file, or we can update our schema and examples to use the above URL as the schema location. I think it is simpler to do the former. 2. According to Anli, Xerces-J 1.4.2 and 1.4.4 behave compatibly with Extensibility Turbo which does not require the xml namespace declaration. I wonder if Ahmed and Cliff are using earlier versions of Xerces-J. 3. According to Scott Vorthmann, XML Spy used to behave differently from XML Authority in requiring the above xml namespace declaration. However, I have recently exchanged working versions of the CPP/A schema with Peter Ogden (Peter Uses XML Spy and I use XML Authority), and we don't seem to have encountered any incompatibility due to the absence of the xml namespace declaration. Does this imply XML Spy has been updated to at least not require the xml namespace declaration? Peter: can you confirm that you are able to use XML Spy to read draft-cpp-cpa-09.xsd that I have sent you? Regards, -Arvola

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]