OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  ebxml-msg  ·  2002-01

ebxml-msg — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Re: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: v. 2.0 ebXML xsd schema directory


A couple of points. I'm glad that this was found. At the time of the ebXML 1.0 specs, (at least the time when the authoring was on-going) this didn't exist, hence the reference to an oasis-open.org URI. However, I just tried resolving the URI that Arvola would like to refrerence and I get a 403. I imagine that this is probably not desireable. Suggest instead that the URI referenced be: http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd Cheers, Chris Arvola Chan wrote: > Rich: > > I agree with your first point. > > With respect to your second point on referring to the canonical location > http://www.w2.org/2001/xml.xsd, I like to bring your attention to the > following excerpt from that schema: > > <xs:annotation> > <xs:documentation>In keeping with the XML Schema WG's standard versioning > policy, this schema document will persist at > http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd. > At the date of issue it can also be found at > http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd. > The schema document at that URI may however change in the future, > in order to remain compatible with the latest version of XML Schema > itself. In other words, if the XML Schema namespace changes, the version > of this document at > http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd will change > accordingly; the version at > http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd will not change. > </xs:documentation> > </xs:annotation> > > I think we should set the xsi:schemaLocation for the xml namespace to > http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd. > > -Arvola > >

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]