[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [emergency] Addition ideas for EDXL Distribution
EM TC Members
Further comments I pondered while creating the current EDXL schema:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
1. First I would like to thank Art for catching the misspelling of the elements in the proposed EDXL schema.
2. I would prefer to use strongly typed values rather than general string values like URN. In the example I generated, I used simple letters (e.g. a, b, c, d �) in the �ValueListUrn� elements.
3. Also, our data dictionary for �messageReference� is using the CAP 1.0 versus CAP 1.1 format. I would like to ensure the pattern for the �messageReference� format is �messageID,senderID,dateTimeSent�. This would eliminate some parsing errors for references later in subsequent EDXL message processing and/or Updates or ACKs.
4. Since there is a one-to-one correspondence with Message Element and Content Object, It would be a lot easier to �specify� the content namespace in the �messageElement� element definition to ensure consistent namespace for all subsequent child Message Elements.
<element name="messageElement" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
<anyAttribute namespace="##any" processContents="skip" />
This would allow uniform namespace for both the �keyXmlContent� and �contentObject� complex types. Currently our schema would allow the definition of elements in �keyXmlContent� from one namespace and elements from �contentObject� from another namespace.
Finally, I believe conducting a distribution �use case� for how various distribution elements are to be used by Directed Distribution, Directory Lookup, �Publish/Subscribe� and �Workflow Control Routing� is critical to finishing this EDXL distribution definition.
- Case One Directed Distribution: I want to send CAP warning to specific recipient. (DMIS directed distribution) ISSUE, how do I automate populating the recipient code selection (e.g. DMIS COGs) and how is it used by network of Networks for EDXL distribution (DMIS, InfoBridge, HLS_HLD ISS, MI2, and Alerting Framework.)
Case Two Directory lookup: I want to send a CAP message to all �Fire Departments� <recipientRole> within <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Prince Edward Island<country> etc. ISSUE, how do I create a query [select all recipientAddress where recipientRole = �Fire Department� and Country = �CA-PE�]. This will require either pre population of the recipientAddress prior to sending message or modification of hthe message by the routing software similar to how DNS works with a URL. Case Three Publish Subscribe: I want to receive all messages with a keyword of CBRNE_Event. ISSUE, Automating message element history (e.g. keywords used ) to determine keywords for selection by subscription web page (Alerting Framework). There was a good talk on this at the recent OASIS Conference. Case Four Workflow Distribution: If the Threat Condition is �elevated� and some element of message has a specific value for contents of the <keyXmlContent> complex type, automatically instantiate a pre defined distribution schema and distribute this message. ISSUE, this requires exercises to sent representative messages for CONOPs for various attack scenarios and development of predefined distribution CONOPs.
I believe these are critical tests for all elements and decisions while we develop the EDXL distribution schema.
David E. Ellis
Information Management Architect
(505) 844-6697
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]