[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: [OASIS Issue Tracker] (OFFICE-2119) Member Proposal: date axis on charts
[ https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2119?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=78200#comment-78200 ]
Regina Henschel commented on OFFICE-2119:
-----------------------------------------
> What does "The chart:base-time-unit attribute specifies the smallest time unit that is displayed on the date axis. " mean?
Values between this unit are rounded down to this unit.
> If I would like to half ticks every half-month what would I set this to? Since "month" is a variable length which month's length is used?
LibreOffice restricts the base units to "day", "month" and "year" and allows only integer values as interval, so half-month ticks are not possible in LibreOffice. Excel behaves the same.
> In the LibreOffice example file NonAutomaticDateAxis.ods I moved teh starting date for the axis to 2018-12-31 and I get some unusual ticks. The fourth tick is at 2019-04-03
LibreOffice behavior is, to go from 2018-12-31 to 2019-01-31 to 2019-02-31. And as 2019-02-31 does not exist, us 2019-03-03 instead and then continue from there. Excel uses 2019-02-28 and then continues with 2019-03-31, which I think is a better solution for not existing dates.
The current proposal needs some work.
Â
> Member Proposal: date axis on charts
> ------------------------------------
>
> Key: OFFICE-2119
> URL: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2119
> Project: OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
> Issue Type: New Feature
> Components: Chart, Part 1 (Schema)
> Reporter: Robert Weir
> Assignee: Regina Henschel
> Priority: Major
> Fix For: ODF 1.4
>
> Attachments: NonAutomaticDateAxis.ods
>
>
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/data_axis_on_charts
--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.3.3#803004)
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]