openc2 — archive
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]
Re: [openc2] Recommendations on OpenC2 Charter & Operating Procedures
Thank you Dave for a very well thought out analysis. I agree with your recommendations.
All,
Please chime in with your views in support of Dave s proposal, or alternatives if you so prefer.
Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting LLC
iPhone, iTypo, iApologize
I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info /
From:
TC OpenC2 <[email protected]> on behalf of "Lemire, Dave (HII-TSD)" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 12:20 PM
To: TC OpenC2 <[email protected]>
Subject: [openc2] Recommendations on OpenC2 Charter & Operating Procedures
TC Members: per the action given to all at the January 20th TC meeting, I ve reviewed the TC charter and considered how we should proceed. Speaking as a TC member, but informed by my roles as Secretary, IC-SC co-chair, and editor of several
work products, I have the following recommendations:
For the charter refresh :
Update the deliverables section of the charter to reflect the work that s been done and the work we project doing:
Define the three major document types
Overarching: Language Spec, Architecture Spec, JADN
Actuator Profiles
Transfer Specifications
Provide for supporting documents of various types
Eliminate the SCs, as I think
They ve served their purpose of boot-strapping the three major types of documents, and
We need to reduce the number of leadership positions so that those who fill them can better focus
It s not strictly a charter thing, but this implies thinking about possibly defining some other leadership roles:
Openc2.org website editor / manager (we currently have an editor, from AT&T)
Someone monitoring the open source repos (currently an IC-SC responsibility)
Aligned with that charter refinement, I d suggest the following
operational model :
Retain our current approach of once-monthly two-session business meetings, keeping the 3 rd Wednesday of the month scheduling
These meetings count toward voting rights
Replace individual SC meetings with routine, twice-monthly working meetings on the 2 nd & 4 th Wednesdays
Agendas worked out by TC co-chairs in concert with work product editors, and announced in advance (ideally a week or so)
Chaired by one of the TC co-chairs with agenda segments led by relevant work product editors
These meetings
do not count toward voting rights
Allow for
ad hoc working meetings if the need should arise
Consider restarting semi-annual face-to-face meetings (obviously these will be virtual for a while); I think it s been two years since we held our last F2F and I think they re good
for TC spirit as well as being opportunities to dive in deep on particular topics
Dave
David Lemire
Systems Engineer
HII Mission Driven Innovated Solutions (HII-MDIS)
Technical Solutions Division
302 Sentinel Drive
Annapolis
Junction, MD 20701
Work
(301) 575-5190
Mobile (443) 535-1182
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]