[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Format for our documents
Changed subject title to protect the innocent...
> Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>
>>
>> BTW I like the idea of having HTML version of specs available online.
>> I propose we do this for our specs as well. Any objections?
>
Duane Nickull wrote:
> Docbook?
Actually all I was thinking is to save the document as HTML. This is a
cheap and mindless act.
The current spec source in in Word. It has several problems due to
limitations in Word for large documents. Longer term I would like to
move away from Word. I was thinking of Open Office which is the basis
for the Open Office Format TC:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office
Important criterea for choice of formats are:
-Open format (ideally XML)
-WYSIWYG Editors that are useable and reliable
-Ideally freely available software
Open Office meets each of the above requirements. Software is freely
available from:
http://www.openoffice.org
Also since it can open Word formats migration from Word to Open Office
would be relatively painless.
What do people (and specialy Sally) think?
--
Farrukh
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]