[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: [no subject]
-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:farrukh.najmi@sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 3:32 PM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [regrep] Format for our documents
Changed subject title to protect the innocent...
> Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>
>>
>> BTW I like the idea of having HTML version of specs available online. =
>> I propose we do this for our specs as well. Any objections?
>
Duane Nickull wrote:
> Docbook?
Actually all I was thinking is to save the document as HTML. This is a=20
cheap and mindless act.
The current spec source in in Word. It has several problems due to=20
limitations in Word for large documents. Longer term I would like to=20
move away from Word. I was thinking of Open Office which is the basis=20
for the Open Office Format TC:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=3Doffice
Important criterea for choice of formats are:
-Open format (ideally XML)
-WYSIWYG Editors that are useable and reliable
-Ideally freely available software
Open Office meets each of the above requirements. Software is freely=20
available from:
http://www.openoffice.org
Also since it can open Word formats migration from Word to Open Office=20
would be relatively painless.
What do people (and specialy Sally) think?
--=20
Farrukh
You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting =
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgro=
up.php
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]