[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: Difference for attribute values
> Is <not> for <text/> only, or is it for <data ..> as well? If
> we allow <data> to have <not>, we have to use equality
> check. But it's there already.
I think <not> and <difference> can work for both <text> and <data>.
<not>p1 p2 ... </not>
would be equivalent to
<difference> <text/> p1 p2 ... </difference>
I think we use the same restriction for <difference> as for attribute
values. We just require that element and attribute are not allowed. The
usual restriction on <data> will disallow groups of <data>. We also need to
apply the same restrictions to
<difference> <text/> <data/> </difference>
that we apply to <data/>.
The inference rule would be simply
E; ns |- {}; v =~ p1 => k; kr not(E; ns |- {}; v =~ p1 => k; kr)
----------------------------------------------------------------
E; ns |- {}; v =~ <difference> p1 p2 </difference> => k; kr
I don't think we need to do anything special to make <data/> work.
I have a lingering doubt about <not/>. People might expect
<not><value>foo</value></not>
to match an element.
James
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC