[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Nits
1)
I would like to introduce a para before 6.1.
In our data model, the child sequence of an element does not have
two consecutive strings. To define the semantics of <interleave>
(e.g, <interleave><text><ref name="a"/></interleave>), we allow
sequences of text and elements such that a string may immediately
follow another string. However, our inference rule for <element> ensures
that the child sequence of an element does not contain two
consecutive strings.
2)
6.2 says "a set with a single member is considered the same
as that member". Do we realy need this?
3)
In the semantic rule of <element>, p ranges over "top" as well as
"pattern", but 6.2 does not allow "top".
4)
In 6.2.6., I would like to add an example:
For example, all interleavings of <a/><a/> and <b/>
are <a/><a/><b/>, <a/><b/><a/>, and <b/><a/><a/>.
5)
I do not understand why we need "toString(v)" in 6.2.7. In our data
model(section 2), an attribute consists of a name and a string.
6)
6.2.8
I would propose to replace "normalized(m)" with
"not(hasConsecutiveStrings(m))" and introduce "hasConsecutiveStrings"
rather than "normalized".
7)
In 6.2.8 "stripSpace" removes whitespace strings. Thus, we canno
t
validate strings comprising whitespaces against forei
gn
datatyp
e
s.
For exam
p
le,
<foo>
</foo>
does
n
ot match
<element
name="foo">
<data type="
xsd:string">
<param name="minLeng
th">2</pa
ram>
</da
t
a
>
</element>
I
s t
h
is a problem?
8)
Should we require that the identity, transitivity, and reflexivity hold
for datatypeEqual?
If reflexivity does not hold, testing of keyConflict
w
ill
become expensive.
9)
What is the definition of "identical" in 6.
2.10? The same sequence
s
of
unicode code values?
10)
In 6.2.12, key(...) and keyref(..) should
return a singleton bag rather
tha
n
a single key (reference).
11)
Have we decided that we allo
w QNames as values of key/keyref? I
remember that the original XML
WG did not allow qualified names for
ID/IDREF since two islands (e.g
., tables) in a docu
m
ent
m
ay belong to
the same namespace.
12)
In the first para
of 6.3, I wou
l
d li
k
e to replace "has" with
"contains".
13)
I think that the sec
ond condition of the rule for keyConflict should
have "(
"
befo
re
the first "key" and ")" before "subset".
14)
In XML 1.0, characters are defined as follows.
[2] Char ::= #x9 | #xA | #xD | [#x
20
-#xD7FF] | [#xE000-#xFFFD] | [#x10000-#x10FFFF]
I think t
ha
t we shou
ld
merely
reference to this definition.
Cheers,
Makoto
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC