[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: RE: [relax-ng] future TC work
I made an error. RELAX NG can already support regular expressions via the
pattern parameter with XML Schema datatypes:
<element name="phone" xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
datatypeLibrary="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes">
<data type="string">
<param name="pattern">\(\d{3}\)\d{3}-\d{4}</param>
</data>
</element>
Works with MSV but not Jing. I was happy to make this discovery today.
Mike
-----Original Message-----
From: John Cowan [mailto:jcowan@reutershealth.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 9:20 AM
To: Michael Fitzgerald
Cc: RELAX NG List
Subject: Re: [relax-ng] future TC work
Michael Fitzgerald wrote:
> A few things I hope we consider:
>
> - Identity constraints: key/keyref mop up
This will be rather more than a "mop up". One possible, if hacky,
way to do it is to create a datatype library providing "key" and
"keyref" with several required parameters: document URI, root
of keyspace (as a restricted XPath), keyed object (ditto),
key in keyed object (ditto).
> - Non-XML syntax: an additional committee spec? I think people like it.
Yes, yes!
> - Regular expressions: something natural like this (I don't care what the
> <regex> element is called)
I think the Right Thing here is to add a regex parameter to the
default datatype library. Almost everything that XML Schemas datatypes
do can be described with regexes if carefully enough crafted.
*Whether* this is worth doing is another matter.
--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com> http://www.reutershealth.com
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
han mathon ne chae, a han noston ne 'wilith. --Galadriel, _LOTR:FOTR_
----------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
manager: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl>
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC