[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: [relax-ng] Control of the combinations of patterns
I am not sure that there is a very strong use case beyond this, but WXS
does pay lot of attention to the control of the derivations and
substitutions allowed by a schema.
With Relax NG, one can partially control the combinations done on a
start or named pattern: if I am writing a definition in a grammar which
will be reused by inclusion, if I write:
foo = bar
I allow grammars which will include this one to combine this definition
by choice or interleave while if I write:
foo = &bar
I forbid combinations by choice and if I write
foo = |bar
I forbid combinations by interleave.
Questions:
- would it be useful to be able to forbid both (similar to the notion
of "final" definition)?
- would it be usefull to impose that a combination is applied (notion of
"abstract" definition)?
Eric
--
Curious about Relax NG? My book in progress is waiting for your review!
http://books.xmlschemata.org/relaxng/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric van der Vlist http://xmlfr.org http://dyomedea.com
(W3C) XML Schema ISBN:0-596-00252-1 http://oreilly.com/catalog/xmlschema
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC