[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: Question about the description of the simplification of RelaxNG
On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 19:03, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> > I was confused by rng2srng [1] which does perform this simplification
> > (relying on Jing, it probably does other additional simplifications).
> >
> > [1] http://www.kohsuke.org/relaxng/rng2srng/
> >
> > Kohsuke Kawaguchi might want to add a word mentioning that rng2srng does
> > more than what's described in the spec.
>
> Aaa. Sorry about that. I checked the document, but it doesn't actually say
> it will do the simplification as defined in the spec. It simply says it
> will turn a RELAX NG grammar into the equivalent simple syntax.
I think that it's the "the" in "the equivalent simple syntax" which has
been the source of my confusion :-) ... Since there is a normative
description of a simple syntax in the spec, I have assumed that it was
"the" one!
>
> But you are probably right that I should clarify what it means by the
> equivalence.
And replace "the" by "an" :-) ...
Eric
--
Did you know it? Python has now a Relax NG (partial) implementation.
http://advogato.org/proj/xvif/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming Schema languages tutorial (registration open):
- July 7th (Portland, OR) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K27A527A4
- August 4th (Montreal, Canada) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U28A217A4
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric van der Vlist http://xmlfr.org http://dyomedea.com
(W3C) XML Schema ISBN:0-596-00252-1 http://oreilly.com/catalog/xmlschema
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]