ubl-sbsc — archive
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]
Re: [ubl-sbsc] Input from Altova
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->ubl-sbsc message
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [ubl-sbsc] Input from Altova
- From: "G. Ken Holman" <[email protected]>
- To: UBL SBSC <[email protected]>
- Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:54:04 -0300
At 2005-08-26 10:08 +0100, Stephen Green wrote: >I very much agree with the comment about >the empty instances. I would like to add a >set of valid 'empty' instances and tend to >think they could replace rather than supplement the completely empty >instances. >Do others agree/consent? I don't necessarily agree, but I will consent. My concern is that the values we choose for the "skeletal but valid" instance may not be meaningful for all users, yet they may think they are somewhat obliged to use them. But, I don't know the semantics to know if this is a real concern or not. If users know they can modify any of the preset values and not consider that they are default values then it isn't going to be a problem. If we think that for a particular item a conscious decision should be made for a value, then I think we should leave it invalid. I hope this helps. . . . . . . . Ken -- World-wide on-site corporate, govt. & user group XML/XSL training. G. Ken Holman mailto:[email protected] Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995) Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal
- Follow-Ups:
- Re: [ubl-sbsc] Input from Altova
- From: "Stephen Green" <[email protected]>
- Re: [ubl-sbsc] Input from Altova
- References:
- Input from Altova
- From: [email protected]
- Re: [ubl-sbsc] Input from Altova
- From: "Stephen Green" <[email protected]>
- Input from Altova
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]