OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  ubl-sbsc  ·  2007-05

ubl-sbsc — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

UBL SBSC looking for renewed participation and activities


Greetings Ken, Gruffudd, SBSC, I've started looking at the draft SBS and have found comparing it with my own work, the 'systml2' subset, is a useful way to derive comments. I hope to document a two-way gap analysis as time goes on but for now I've a few preliminary comments. The doc folder contents looks like a very nice, mature way to describe the contents, along with the schemas. This I particularly like but don't yet have any further comments. I do think I'll have a fair number of comments about the content though - hoping it is very much still negotiable. Content (preliminary comments): 1. the subsetting here seems a little too drastic - I notice a few things that seem obviously to be missing a. pricing information from the Catalogue and even from the CataloguePricingUpdate, etc b. many of the tax details commonly used in an invoice (such as tax registration details, tax categorisations, and even TaxPointDate) c. delivery information missing from invoice 2. some possible divergences between existing subsets could be occurring which might challenge implementers such as:- certain ASBIEs could have one of a choice of several near-equivalent qualifiers, for example in Item there are several different qualified ItemIdentification ASBIEs and one subset could use one but another use another, even though they mean the same thing (Catalogue... vs Supplier... vs ...) 3. UBL Catalogue seems close to the two common structures price list and product list which both amount to the same thing - a set of lines having a picture (or link to one), a price, a definition, an ID, further details about base quantities, etc, a manufacturer and maybe a seller. It would seem ideal to accommodate such in the Catalogue and related subsets That's all for now. Much more to come :-) All the best and very glad to see this moving forward -- Stephen Green Partner SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk Tel: +44 (0) 117 9541606 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+22:37 .. and voice Quoting "G. Ken Holman"

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]