xacml — archive
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]
[xacml] Grants and Denys
Title: Grants and Denys
On reflection, I am strongly opposed the the approach of having separate GRANT and DENY rules which somehow interact with each other.
I favor the approach, as in 0.9, where there is a single boolean that determines whether or not to grant access, for the following reasons:
1. I disagree that the former approach is more expressive. I believe they are equal.
2. I believe the latter is more intutive, although this may depend to some extent on what you are used to.
3. As witness our discussion Monday, the former approach adds a lot of additional issues.
In summary, since we are trying to produce one of two possible results, why start out with a scheme that produces one of four and then try to map it?
(G-T D-T, G-F D-T, G-T D-F, G-F G-T)
Hal
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]