OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2003-12

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

RE: [xacml] Proposal on item 7 ConditionReference


 MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->

















xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: RE: [xacml] Proposal on item 7 ConditionReference


On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Daniel Engovatov wrote:

> But shouldn't the LET statement be evaluated as a part of context, not
> within a particular policy?

I don't understand. The LET statement evaluates expressions against the request context
within a policy evaluation, just as if the expressions were explicitly
repeated within the rules.

> I think that is one more case for having the third schema.  We have
> <request> - with data pertinent to the individual query, <policy>, and
> we can use <context> schema for a document relevant to all policies
> evaluation. A place to declare named attributes and types, there
> location/source information, functions, that PDP is supposed to
> understand, and now this LET statement equivalent, for dynamic
> expression that are to be computed once and used for all policies
> evaluations.

I think I know where you are going with this, but I don't think the LET
statement will do that for you. What we want is to simply reference values
amongst different rules.

Cheers,
-Polar

> For example a place to define five-minutes-from-now attribute of
> datetime type defined as (add-time current-time 5 minutes) and so on.
>
>
> Daniel;
>
> 

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]