xacml — archive
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]
RE: [xacml] Groups - oasis-xacml-2.0-wd-10.zip uploaded
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->xacml message
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: [xacml] Groups - oasis-xacml-2.0-wd-10.zip uploaded
- From: Seth Proctor <[email protected]>
- To: Tim Moses <[email protected]>
- Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:58:14 -0400
On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 10:33, Tim Moses wrote: > Seth - That's right. Simon requested that we recommend to policy writers > and context handler developers that time be expressed in the UTC time zone. > I don't believe this affects how the PDP deals with time: it should be able > to handle any combination of time zones. We merely RECOMMEND that > everything be normalized to UTC. All the best. Tim. I agree that this doesn't affect processing, but it may lead to some confusion. Many of the time-related proposals I've made are specifically aimed at supporting different time zone problems, and those in turn have come from many experiences with people who want to use explicit or implicit local timezones. I think it's reasonable to suggest that people use UTC-normalized times, but I would like to see this in a separate section with some explanitory text for why this comment exists. Otherwise, people who are thinking about using one form for their time values may think that they're doing the wrong thing without understanding why. seth
- References:
- RE: [xacml] Groups - oasis-xacml-2.0-wd-10.zip uploaded
- From: Tim Moses <[email protected]>
- RE: [xacml] Groups - oasis-xacml-2.0-wd-10.zip uploaded
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]