xacml — archive
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]
Re: [xacml] Inputs to rfc822Name-match
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->xacml message
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [xacml] Inputs to rfc822Name-match
- From: seth proctor <[email protected]>
- To: Tim Moses <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 01:11:09 -0400
Tim Moses wrote: > Anne - I know you are right. But, WE define > urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:data-type:rfc822Name. So, if we want "*" to be > a valid instance of this type, then it can be. Can't it? It could be, but why would we want this? I can't think of any reason why we'd want someone able to specify * or .com or something similar as a valid email address (since that breaks with rfc822, which is what we reference for the datatype). Technically, we specify the datatype's identifier, but not the format of the datatype, so we don't actually have the freedom to re-define the type unless we define it from scratch. Tim, do you have a specific use case that requires this? I'm trying hard, but I can't come up with a scenario where you need to pass two rfc822Names to the match function and can't instead provide a string as one parameter. Unless there's a real problem this solves, I wouldn't want us to confuse the rfc822Name datatype. seth
- References:
- RE: [xacml] Inputs to rfc822Name-match
- From: Tim Moses <[email protected]>
- RE: [xacml] Inputs to rfc822Name-match
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]