xacml — archive
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]
xpath-expression datatype
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->xacml message
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: xpath-expression datatype
- From: Seth Proctor <[email protected]>
- To: XACML <[email protected]>
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:36:47 -0400
After noodling on this one for a while, and talking with Anne, I'd like to propose that we remove this datatype from the core spec and define it instead in the profile where it's used. Why? Because it doesn't get used anywhere in the core specification. I think it will cause a great deal of confusion to have a datatype that goes unused. In fact, we have three functions that use XPath expressions, but they define their parameters in terms of strings, which I think will further confuse people. Should we change the parameters to these functions? I don't think so. People are already using them, and I don't see any value in changing their parameter types and thereby breaking compatability from 1.x to 2.0. As always, I'm happy to be convinced otherwise, but it seems like an arbitrary change that wouldn't provide much value. Since we're not making that change, I don't think we should include the new datatype in the core specification. Basically, I don't think we should define anything in the core that we don't use or at justify somewhere. Thoughts? Might this be a topic for discussion at tomorrow's focus group meeting? I don't want to slow down our schedule, but I do want to make sure we dot all our t's (heh) which is why I'm currently doing a complete review of 2.0. Thanks! seth
- Follow-Ups:
- Re: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype
- From: Polar Humenn <[email protected]>
- Re: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]