[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [xacml] Attribute categories.
Hi Daniel,
I did not mean to imply that we would still have <SUBJECTS>, <SUBJECT>,
..., but that corresponding abstractions are needed: groups of targets
that fall within a single category, and single instances of a target in
that category to which multiple matches must apply.
So, building on your example, here is what would be needed, with the
<Target> itself implying a conjunctive match of the enclosed
<DisjunctiveMatch> elements:
<Target>
<DisjunctiveMatch CategoryId="..:a">
<ConjunctiveMatch>
<Match> ...</Match>
<Match> ...</Match>
</ConjunctiveMatch>
<ConjunctiveMatch>
<Match> ...</Match>
<Match> ...</Match>
</ConjunctiveMatch>
<ConjunctiveMatch>
<Match> ...</Match>
<Match> ...</Match>
</ConjunctiveMatch>
</DisjunctiveMatch>
<DisjunctiveMatch CategoryId="..:b">
<ConjunctiveMatch>
<Match> ...</Match>
<Match> ...</Match>
</ConjunctiveMatch>
</DisjunctiveMatch>
...
</Target>
Regards,
Anne
Daniel Engovatov wrote On 10/04/06 13:41,:
> Doh! (...I guess I did not like the existing multiple subject design so
> much that I subconsciously omitted it :) )
>
> We should add this, but it should be made in some abstract form, for
> example by adding a disjunctive match grouping. (We can pick up a nice
> name for that element - suggestions?)
> How about something like:
> <Target>
> <DisjunctiveMatch>
> <Match MatchId="...equals">
> <AttributeDesignator Category="XXX">
> </Match>
> <Match MatchId="...equals">
> <AttributeDesignator Category="XXX">
> </Match>
> </DisjunctiveMatch>
> <Match>...
> </Match>
> </Target>
>
> With semantics that anything inside the DisjunctiveMatch is ORed, and
> the rest is AND. There is no need to restrict this only to the former
> subject categories.
> That will allow to map existing subject matches into the new schema.
>
> Daniel;
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Anne Anderson - Sun Microsystems [mailto:Anne.Anderson@sun.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 7:42 AM
> To: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org
> Subject: Re: [xacml] Attribute categories.
>
> I think this is a mistake in the new attribute categories schema. There
>
> should be an element corresponding to <Subjects>, <Resources>, ... that
> identifies a category under which the enclosed groupings fall. Then
> there should be an element corresponding to <Subject>, <Resource>, ...
> that identifies a specific instance of an entity in that category to
> which all the enclosed <Match> elements must apply.
>
> Fixing this mistake will be necessary for backwards compatibility, and
> also to retain functionality for specifying groupings of attributes that
>
> must apply to a specific entity.
>
> Regards,
> Anne
>
> Erik Rissanen wrote On 10/04/06 10:36,:
>
>>All,
>>
>>I just noticed that, if I understand this correctly, it not possible
>
> to
>
>>write a disjunction in the target with the new attribute categories
>>schema. In XACML 2.0 you can write:
>>
>><Target>
>> <Subjects>
>> <Subject>
>> <SubjectMatch MatchId="...equals">
>> <SubjectAttributeDesignator>
>> ...A...
>> </SubjectMatch>
>> </Subject>
>> <Subject>
>> <SubjectMatch MatchId="...equals">
>> <SubjectAttributeDesignator>
>> ...B...
>> </SubjectMatch>
>> </Subject>
>> </Subjects>
>></Target>
>>
>>and a request with either subject A or B would match.
>>
>>In the new attribute categories schema the Match appears directly
>
> below
>
>>Target:
>>
>><Target>
>> <Match MatchId="...equals">
>> <AttributeDesignator Category="Subject">
>> ...A...
>> </Match>
>></Target>
>>
>>so it is no longer possible to write a disjunction. Did I understand
>
> it
>
>>correctly?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Erik
>>
>>Daniel Engovatov wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Attached is a version of the request and policy schemas implementing
>>>extensible attribute categories proposal, as we discussed it.
>>>I also attached some rendering of the changed schema type.
>>>Could this be uploaded somewhere, so that I can link it from wiki and
>>>write descriptions for all the changes?
>>>
>>>Daniel;
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
--
Anne H. Anderson Email: Anne.Anderson@Sun.COM
Sun Microsystems Laboratories
1 Network Drive,UBUR02-311 Tel: 781/442-0928
Burlington, MA 01803-0902 USA Fax: 781/442-1692
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]