[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: xml:id and the schema
All,
I did not get a response from the person Hal suggested I contact about
the xml:id issue. I did some more digging and I found more information.
If you browse to the following URL:
http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
There is a piece of text which says the following (In the section called
"About this schema document" at the end):
--8<--
This schema defines attributes and an attribute group suitable for use
by schemas wishing to allow xml:base, xml:lang, xml:space or xml:id
attributes on elements they define.
To enable this, such a schema must import this schema for the XML
namespace, e.g. as follows:
<schema . . .>
. . .
<import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd"/>
--8<--
From it seems pretty clear that we must declare the xml:id attribute on
the <Attributes> element, or it won't validate against the schema. I've
tried a couple of schema validators too and it won't work without the
declaration.
So, I will add the declaration to our schema.
Best regards,
Erik
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]