[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [xacml] Conformance Tests
Hi Bill,
I propose that we keep it like this:
current/tests/v1
current/tests/v2/core
current/tests/v2/multiple
current/tests/v3/core
current/tests/v3/delegation
current/tests/v3/multiple
etc
It is a convention in svn that you don't continue work on something in
the directory "tags". Tags are intended to be frozen in time. We could
make it a branch, but I think it is more appropriate to see the whole
thing as a set of "components", that is, tests for v1, v2, v3, etc,
which are all currently maintained (for instance if someone reports a
bug in the old tests), not branches.
In general, tags are used to store a snapshot of an old state for future
reference. Branches are used when development of a single item goes in
multiple directions at the same time. I don't see the need of either
tags or branches in this case.
Regards,
Erik
bill parducci wrote:
> I don't understand where the "mixing of versions" comes from. As you
> can see in the current layout the v1 tests--as they are labeled in the
> doc--have been tagged/branched (svn doesn't differentiate really) and
> are wholly independent from the trunk ("/current"). Work may continue
> on either independently (`svn switch` allows you to determine which
> branch/tag to work on).
>
> I understand the desire to break up the tests into functional groups
> but that it just that: a directory structure based upon
> categorization, not version. Since v1 has been in its current state
> for quite some time I suggest that this work be done on the current
> branch so as to only affect the work going formward.
>
> thanks
>
> b
>
> On Mar 9, 2009, at 1:19 AM, Erik Rissanen wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> I was thinking that it's annoying to browse a flat structure with
>> hundreds of tests, mixed between different versions and features.
>> Note that I don't think we should ever throw away the 2.0 tests, so
>> it's not really a version control issue. It's about multiple sets of
>> files which will all be maintained. Tagging is not a good solution
>> for that.
>>
>> Regards,
>> ERik
>>
>> Bill Parducci wrote:
>>> I suggest we not attempt to circumvent the internal version control
>>> mechanism with static dirs :) How about we simply tag them? (We can
>>> branch the tests if we really think there will be a lot of work done
>>> on v2 tests after v3 tests are introduced).
>>>
>>> Sound workable?
>>>
>>> b
>>>
>>> On Mar 5, 2009, at 8:08 AM, Erik Rissanen wrote:
>>>
>>>> Thanks Bill,
>>>>
>>>> I will contribute more tests for 3.0 and the multiple resource
>>>> profiles.
>>>>
>>>> Could we perhaps make separate directories for v2.0 and v3.0? And
>>>> different profiles as well perhaps? It would make it easier to find
>>>> among them.
>>>>
>>>> Best regards,
>>>> Erik
>>>>
>>>> bill parducci wrote:
>>>>> I am checking in the conformance tests into subversion. I
>>>>> segmented the tests and schemas into separate directories for
>>>>> clarity. TC Members may check this out using Kavi auth using the
>>>>> following:
>>>>>
>>>>> svn co --username ##### --password #####
>>>>> http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/xacml/
>>>>>
>>>>> You can simply point your browser here if you would like to browse:
>>>>>
>>>>> http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xacml/?rev=0&sc=0
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> thanks
>>>>>
>>>>> b
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
>>>>> generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
>>>>> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
>>>> generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
>>>> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
>>> generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
>>> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
>> generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
>> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
> generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]