OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2009-12

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Re: [xacml] XACML AzApi as part of F2F agenda


Prateek or Rich can provide you the pointers. I will try to dig it up in a bit. On 12/01/2009 09:03 AM, Ron Monzillo wrote: > Can someone provide a pointer to the proposed AzApi? > > Among other things, I'd like to come to understand the relationship or > mapping (if any) between the API that is being proposed and the Java > Permission and Policy model. > > If someone has already done that analysis I would be very much like to > see the results. > > thanks, > > Ron > > > Anil Saldhana wrote: >> Nataraj, >> >> While I agree to most of what you said, what the TC can deliver on is >> a language independent API similar to what DOM1 did. Java can be one >> of the bindings. I was of the feeling that AzApi is along those lines. >> >> Lack of standardized API has been the bane of many of the xacml >> implementors. >> >> Regards, >> Anil >> >> On 11/30/2009 10:28 PM, Nataraj Nagaratnam wrote: >> >>> Wrt #3 below around Java interfaces -- >>> >>> I am not sure if XACML TC is the right forum to define Java APIs, >>> especially when there are Java standard APIs already available and >>> in use. >>> JSR 115/JACC is sufficient in many cases - though it is written from >>> container viewpoint, it is equally applicable to any type of >>> enforcement >>> points (even if it is apps). If there gaps that should be addressed in >>> JACC, I think we should work that in. Those APIs are applicable to >>> Java >>> developers who can use it without any knowledge of XACML, or other >>> means >>> that a container may even provide. So it provides that level of >>> abstraction >>> as well. >>> >>> Regards, >>> Nataraj Nagaratnam >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> From: Prateek Mishra

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]