OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2011-09

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Combining Algorithms & the Hierarchical Resource profile


All, I see no reference to a combining algorithm (CA) in the Hierarchical Resource profile. Are policy writers expected to use the core CAs, or are they expected to write their own CAs specific to this profile? I expected there to be some CA that gives precedence to rules that match lower in the tree. For example, given the following tree of resources: A +-- B +-- C +-- D And two rules that target resource-ancestor at A and D, respectively, I expected the one at D to take precedence for a request with resource-id=D, but I can find nothing in the profile that actually makes that happen. Am I missing something? Thanks, Ray

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]