[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Minutes 18 February 2016 TC Meeting
Time: 2:30 PM EST (-0500 GMT)
Tel: 1-712-775-7031
Access Code: 620-103-760
Minutes for 18 February 2016 TC Meeting
I. Roll Call & Minutes
Attendance
Richard Hill
Steven Legg
Rich Levinson
Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)
Remon Sinnema
Martin Smith
John Tolbert
Quorum: YES. 8 of 9 (88%) per Oasis site
Approve Minutes 4 February 2016
APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY
II. Administrivia
Perception of XACML (Discussion list)
Hal:
{Briefly reviewed thread} I encourage anyone who is interested to get
involved in the project.
Hal:
What is really needed is what SAML has, which is an overview/introductory
document (i.e. Executive Overview) and a technic overview that is more
detailed. A few of us started on this type of project back in 2002 but it
was not finished. Clearly we need more introductory material and I am
personally going to begin doing some work on that. I believe that some
articles have been posted by the Axiomatics people on a variety of
introductory topics.
Martin:
It takes a while to get oriented. The roles of PEPs, PDPs and Context
Handlers are an area that takes time to understand. I agree that something
more introductory out there would be useful.
Richard:
One of my early frustrations was trying to find relevant Use Cases of
problems to solve using XACML. I think that if there was a higher level
document that could introduce those that it would he helpful.
Hal:
One item I would like to record is some of the intentions of why things
where chosen as they were (e.g. "Why bags?")
Hal:
Perhaps the best way to approach this is to carve this into digestible
aspects of the spec. Anyone who is interested in pursing this should post
to the list or reach out to me directly.
Rich:
I think we have run into this before and a previous interOp (e.g. XSPA work)
have summary detail like this, however they are quite specific in the
problem space.
III.
Default behavior for unrecognized resource attributes
Hal:
Anyone have anything further to comment?
Martin:
I have nothing to add at this time.
meeting adjourned.
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]