RE: [xliff] Re: XLIFF 1.2 Committee Draft Spec

From
Lieske, Christian <>
Date
2006-05-10T16:03:34+00:00
ID
Thread
RE: [xliff] Re: XLIFF 1.2 Committee Draft Spec
Hi there,

 

I favor #3.

 

Cheers,

Christian

  

  
  From: Doug Domeny [mailto:] 
  
Sent: Dienstag, 9. Mai 2006 17:32
To: 
  
Subject: RE: [xliff] Re: XLIFF 1.2 
  Committee Draft Spec

  

  

  
I favor option #2. It 
  keeps the schedule and helps motivate us to review—I know I tend to wait until 
  the last day. If for some reason many people can’t attend the conference call, 
  then option #3 become the back up plan. That is, vote next Tuesday if quorum 
  is met, otherwise, post it as an online ballot.

  
 

  

  
Regards,

  
 

  
Doug 
  Domeny

  
Software 
  Analyst

  
 

  
Ektron, 
  Inc.

  
+1 603 594-0249 
  x212

  
http://www.ektron.com

  
 

  

  

  
  

  
From: Tony 
  Jewtushenko [mailto:] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:00 
  AM
To: 
  
Cc: 
Subject: RE: [xliff] Re: XLIFF 1.2 
  Committee Draft Spec

  
 

  

  
Thanks 
  to allwho submitted their spec issues.  While I can complete 
  the revisions to the spec spotted and submitted bar one,  
  I couldn't get it done by the deadline for the ballot, which has in fact 
  passed (10am or even 11am EST).

  

  
 

  

  
Although 
  most of the revisions are small,there are a lot of them and then there's the 
  one pointed out by Rudolfo regarding use of spaces in seg-source between mrk's 
  which can't be fixed by a simple revision.  We'll have to discuss it and 
  make a decision.  In any case I'll send out a revised 1.2 Committee Draft 
  spec late today that will address the typos, missing bits and details that 
  were submitted.

  

  
 

  

  
We had 
  twoscenarios outlined as of last week for how the ballot would proceed: 
  

  

  
1/publish 
  finalcommittee draft spec today - have 1 week ballot in time for next 
  Tuesday's TC meeting.

  

  
2/if not 
  published today, spec would be published before next Tuesday and would have a 
  role call ballot to approve as Committee 
  Draft.

  

  
 

  

  
I would 
  like to propose a 3rd option - to postpone the TC teleconference for one week 
  until Tuesday 23 May, so we work towards publishing a final committee draft 
  before next Tuesday 16 May, and set up a web ballot commencing 1 week before 
  the TC teleconference.

  

  
 

  

  
Option 1 
  is no longer viable, - so we're down to 2 options still - #2 and #3. 
  

  

  
 

  

  
Any 
  thoughts?

  

  
 

  

  
Regards,

  

  
Tony

  

  
 

  

  
-----Original 
  Message-----
From: Doug 
  Domeny [mailto:] 
Sent: 09 May 2006 09:55
To: 
  
Subject: RE: [xliff] Re: XLIFF 1.2 
  Committee Draft Spec

  

  
 

  

  
We are 
  definitely making good progress cleaning up these little 
  things.

  

  
 

  

  
See 
  comments below.

  

  
 

  

  
Regards,

  

  
 

  

  
Doug 
  Domeny

  

  
Software 
  Analyst

  

  
 

  

  
Ektron, 
  Inc.

  

  
+1 603 
  594-0249 x212

  

  
http://www.ektron.com

  

  
 

  

  

  
  

  

  
From: Rodolfo 
  M. Raya [mailto:] 
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 11:38 
  PM
To: Tony 
  Jewtushenko
Cc: 
  
Subject: Re: [xliff] Re: XLIFF 1.2 
  Committee Draft Spec

  

  
 

  

  
Hi All,

Some details that need 
  attention:

1) In section 3.2.5 the description of <mrk> element 
  mentions the optional attribute equiv-text but the attribute is not included 
  in the list of optional attributes for that element.

  

  
[doug] 
  The equiv-text attribute is not valid in the <mrk> 
  element.

  

  

3) <seg-source> is a new 
  element born with old bad habits. It has an optional "ts" attribute that is 
  deprecated. I don't see a reason for adding deprecated stuff to something new. 
  

  

  
[doug] 
  In principle, I agree that deprecated items should not be added to new 
  structures. However, I can see the need to duplicate <source> attributes 
  in <seg-source>. Since <source> supports ‘ts’, it may be helpful 
  to use it in <seg-source>, but I can go either 
  way.

  
: