OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  dita  ·  2021-08

dita — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Fwd: [dita] Fwd: [dita-comment] Limitations for attribute specialization


Another item for tomorrow's TC meeting agenda. Best, Kris Kristen James Eberlein Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee OASIS Distinguished Contributor Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting LLC www.eberleinconsulting.com +1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype) -------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: RE: [dita] Fwd: [dita-comment] Limitations for attribute specialization Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 10:59:20 -0300 From: Rodolfo M. Raya <[email protected]> Organisation: Maxprograms To: 'Kristen James Eberlein' <[email protected]> Hello Kris, Stefan is also suffering from a problem I mentioned before regarding RelaxNG grammars: default values are not retrieved by Java parsers. Stefan created a new element and set its default @translate value to no , something I consider OK. His files are valid XML and declare the RelaxNG grammar at the top. When the Java parser reads his file, it does not set the @translat attribute to no when it is implicit and the element is exposed for translation. I know that Oxygen team had to write their custom way to deal with this. I don t use the Open Toolkit and I don t know how it handles default attribute values, but I suspect that a similar issue may happen. I will review the OT code looking for a custom parser that I can reuse, but I don t have much hope. Perhaps you didn t know, but the default catalog handler shipped with Java 11 chokes with DITA catalogs. It expects absolute URIs in @xml:base attributes and DITA catalogs have relative values instead. I have already written my own catalog manager to solve this. So, back to the point that makes me write this message: I will have to write my own parser for RelaxNG grammars and I accept that, but the DTIA TC should seriously consider available frameworks when releasing new versions. Regards, Rodolfo -- Rodolfo M. Raya [email protected] Maxprograms https://www.maxprograms.com From: [email protected] <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Kristen James Eberlein Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 10:32 AM To: DITA TC <[email protected]> Subject: [dita] Fwd: [dita-comment] Limitations for attribute specialization FYI; I'll put this on tomorrow's TC meeting agenda. Best, Kris Kristen James Eberlein Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee OASIS Distinguished Contributor Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting LLC www.eberleinconsulting.com +1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype) -------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: [dita-comment] Limitations for attribute specialization Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:49:37 +0000 From: Stefan Eike <[email protected]> To: [email protected] <[email protected]> Dear honourable DITA committee, I ve added a new attribute (type) to a specialized element. This attribute is not specialized, it s just added as shown below. My question now is: Is this allowed? I mean, technically this is no problem and this can be processed with the DITA-OT and the PDF2 plugin (and others). I ve read these sections: Overview of specialization , Specialization rules for attributes , RELAX NG: Coding requirements for attribute domain modules I could not find a statement saying something like If you add an attribute, it must be added as a specialized attribute . Do I violate the specification and should I feel bad? <define name = tv.attributes > <ref name = univ-atts-translate-no /> <optional> <attribute name = name a:defaultValue = tv /> </optional> <optional> <attribute name = datatype /> </optional> <optional> <attribute name = value /> </optional> <optional> <attribute name = href /> </optional> <optional> <attribute name = keyref /> </optional> <optional> <attribute name = format /> </optional> <attribute name = type > <choice> <value> A </value><a:documentation> Ampere </a:documentation> <value> Ah </value><a:documentation> Ampere hour </a:documentation> <value> Bq </value><a:documentation> Becquerel </a:documentation> <value> F </value><a:documentation> Farad </a:documentation> <value> Gy </value><a:documentation> Gray </a:documentation> <value> H </value><a:documentation> Henry </a:documentation> <value> Hz </value><a:documentation> Hertz </a:documentation> <value> J </value><a:documentation> Joule </a:documentation> <value> K </value><a:documentation> Kelvin </a:documentation> <value> L </value><a:documentation> Liter </a:documentation> <value> N </value><a:documentation> Newton </a:documentation> <value> Pa </value><a:documentation> Pascal </a:documentation> <value> S </value><a:documentation> Siemens </a:documentation> <value> Sv </value><a:documentation> Sievert </a:documentation> <value> T </value><a:documentation> Tesla </a:documentation> <value> V </value><a:documentation> Volt </a:documentation> <value> W </value><a:documentation> Watt </a:documentation> <value> Wb </value><a:documentation> Weber </a:documentation> <value> bar </value><a:documentation> Bar </a:documentation> <value> cd </value><a:documentation> Candela </a:documentation> <value> cm </value><a:documentation> Centimeter </a:documentation> <value> cm </value><a:documentation> Square Centimeter </a:documentation> <value> dB(A) </value><a:documentation> A-weighted decibels </a:documentation> <value> g </value><a:documentation> Gram </a:documentation> <value> g/h </value><a:documentation> Gram per hour </a:documentation> <value> h </value><a:documentation> Hour </a:documentation> <value> kWh </value><a:documentation> Kilowatt-hour </a:documentation> <value> kat </value><a:documentation> Katal </a:documentation> <value> kg </value><a:documentation> Kilogram </a:documentation> <value> km </value><a:documentation> Kilometer </a:documentation> <value> km/h </value><a:documentation> Kilometer per hour </a:documentation> <value> lm </value><a:documentation> Lumen </a:documentation> <value> lx </value><a:documentation> Lux </a:documentation> <value> m </value><a:documentation> Meter </a:documentation> <value> mm </value><a:documentation> Millimeter </a:documentation> <value> mm </value><a:documentation> Square Millimeter </a:documentation> <value> mol </value><a:documentation> Mole </a:documentation> <value> rad </value><a:documentation> Radian </a:documentation> <value> s </value><a:documentation> Second </a:documentation> <value> sr </value><a:documentation> Steradian </a:documentation> <value> t </value><a:documentation> Ton </a:documentation> <value> </value><a:documentation> Degree </a:documentation> <value> C </value><a:documentation> Degree Celsius </a:documentation> <value> Î </value><a:documentation> Ohm </a:documentation> </choice> </attribute> <attribute name = sign a:defaultValue = + > <choice> <value> + </value><a:documentation> Plus (positive number) </a:documentation> <value> </value><a:documentation> Minus (negative number) </a:documentation> <value> </value><a:documentation> Plus-Minus </a:documentation> <value> < </value><a:documentation> Lower-than </a:documentation> <value> > </value><a:documentation> Greater-than </a:documentation> </choice> </attribute> <optional> <attribute name = show-unit a:defaultValue = yes > <choice> <value> yes </value> <value> no </value> </choice> </attribute> </optional> <optional> <attribute name = system a:defaultValue = si > <choice> <value> si </value><a:documentation> International System of Units </a:documentation> <value> imperial </value><a:documentation> Imperial System </a:documentation> <value> si+imperial </value><a:documentation> SI + Imperial </a:documentation> </choice> </attribute> </optional> <optional> <attribute name = scope > <choice> <value> external </value> <value> local </value> <value> peer </value> <value> -dita-use-conref-target </value> </choice> </attribute> </optional> <optional> <attribute name = outputclass /> </optional> </define> Thanks a lot in advance Stefan Stefan Eike Head of Technical Documentation Phone +49 (0)2572 879 279 Cell +49 (0) 172 8843770 [email protected] Dometic Germany Holding GmbH BetriebsstÃtte Emsdetten, Hollefeldstr. 63, 48282 Emsdetten Germany dometic.com NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy the original message.

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]