OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  openc2  ·  2018-01

openc2 — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Actuator Profile Subcommittee Co-chair Election Discussions


We have two AP-SC meetings between now and the election. I propose we devote a little time at each of these meetings to discussing the role of the co-chair and how many we should have . Someone can correct me if they can find it, but I do not believe there is an OASIS rule on number of cochairs. I think 2 is encouraged, as opposed to 1, just because it's a lot of work and there is coverage if someone is out (eg Dave due to US Gov shutdown). The AP-SC has a very broad mandate (actuator profiles for all security functions) and it is possible some of it's work can potentially proceed in parallel. We might want to consider more than two cochairs. I don't recommend we can have infinite, but 3 or 4 seems reasonable to me. Note the election will occur at the TC level but the TC has also chartered the SC with the details as they see fit. I hope the TC would welcome the AP-SC input in the area of the number of AP-SC co-chairs. Joe also requested the candidates (and anyone else with views) to share their opinions on the candidates. I'd recommend the best way to evaluate is to 'watch them in action', so any TC members who would desire input on the candidates may want to attend either or both AP-SC meetings. I personally will have trouble picking if forced to choose between the 3 current candidates - all have made good contributions to the work to date. I do honestly believe the AP-SC will have a really lot to do in the near future given the progress on the Language Specification. Hence my suggestion we at least consider having 4 co-chairs. Duncan Sparrell sFractal Consulting LLC iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]